Harvest Photograph Competition
After the success of previous years, Denbies Wine Estate is pleased to be hosting the annual harvest photograph competition in conjunction with Andy Newbold photography. The competition welcomes photographers of all abilities to capture their interpretation of harvest at Denbies Wine Estate. Harvest is the most significant time of the vineyard. In the brief window of October the foundations are laid for the wine production of the coming year. Denbies produces in excess of 300,000 litres of grape juice a year, which is reflected in the energy, enthusiasm and celebration that surrounds the harvest.
“We are always impressed by the quality and standard of work that is submitted and we look forward with anticipation to receiving this year’s entries” commented Jane Callaghan Events Co-ordinator at Denbies Wine Estate.
All entries will be judged by a local professional photographer Andy Newbold. Andy is based in Leatherhead and has a vast knowledge of photographic techniques. This year 1st prize is a family portrait sitting in courtesy of Andy Newbold photography, 2nd prize is a Denbies Christmas hamper (to the value of £75) and 3rd prize is a mixed case of 6 bottles of Denbies Wine. The winning photograph of last year’s competition can be seen in the forthcoming events leaflet.
The closing date for entries is 5th November and the entry fee is £3.50 for each photograph or £10 for four photographs. All of the profits will be donated to charity.
Denbies Wine Estate is the largest in England and is in the heart of Surrey with 265 acres of vines. Denbies is located in Dorking, Surrey with direct rail access from London Waterloo and Victoria mainline stations.
Surrey Gold Harvest Award (1st prize) Family Portrait Sitting Courtesy of Andy Newbold photography
Redland Harvest Award (2nd prize) Denbies Christmas Hamper (to the value of £75)
Juniper Hill Harvest Award (3rd prize) Mixed case of 6 bottles of Denbies wine
1. Access to the vineyard must be kept to public footpaths. Denbies is a working vineyard with moving vehicles’, extreme caution must be taken at all times..
2. The competition is open to any amateur photographers.
3. There is an entry fee of £3 for each photograph, and £10 for five or more photographs.
4. All entries must be accompanied by an entry form and the correct entry fee. Cheques should be made payable to Denbies Wine Estate*.
5. All entries must be in the form of prints, either traditionally or digitally produced, between 7x5 inches and 12x10 inches in size. Prints must not be framed. Each print must have the entrant's name, address, contact telephone number clearly written on the back. A suitable stamped addressed envelope must be provided for their return.
6. All photographs must be the copyright of the entrant and must be their own work.
7. Every care will be taken with submitted entries but Denbies Wine Estate cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage however caused.
8. Prizes are as stated and no alternatives can be offered. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Denbies Wine Estate reserves the right to use entered photographs for publicity for the competition, including on its website, free of charge. The copyright remains with the photographer.
10. Entries may be submitted at reception or sent by post to Marketing Department. Denbies Wine Estate, London Road, Dorking, Surrey RH5 6AA.
11. The closing date for the competition is 5th November 2010.
*All proceeds will be donated to charity
Entry forms are available from Denbies Reception or by emailing the events department at: email@example.com.