Friday 29 January 2010

Malden Camera Club AGM

Malden Camera Club AGM

Last night we held the Annual General Meeting of Malden Camera Club. The meeting was well supported. In my report to the AGM I said that I have enjoyed my year as Chairman and thanked everyone for their support and understanding. I was re-elected as Chairman of the Club so this blog will continue for its 2nd year. I would like to welcome Hugh Griffiths as Vice Chairman who replaces Simon Lane who stepped down as he is moving out of the area. Roland Adams jointly with Nadia Zahran will manage the Club programme.

The AGM voted on propositions relating to the contentious issue competition rules, thanks to Richard Weston these have now been consolidated in a single rules document.

Looking back over the last year, we had a well supported programme which I hope catered for everyone. Putting together the programme is not a simple or straight forward task and I would like to thank Nadia and Sandrine for all they have done in putting the programme together.

The Annual exhibition was a success and I would like to thank all those who helped organise it in particular John Rowe.

If the Club is to continue to flourish we need the active involvement of all members, it was touch and go last year whether or not we be able to run the Annual Exhibition because the work fell on just a dedicated few. I would encourage members to come forward to help and offer their skills in helping with meetings and events.

The internal and external competitions have been well supported and I would like thank Brian Bailey John Horne and Simon Lane for all they have done to help with the competitions. We will continue to support slide competitions as long as there is a demand from members.

Club outings included the Downland Museum at Singleton, point to point horse races and a visit to riverside at Kingston, proved very pleasant finishing in a pub.

John Horne continues to maintain and develop the club website which has been successful in attracting interest in Malden Camera Club and provides a resource for members.

Looking to the future my personal observations were :-

We looking to update our digital projection equipment, provide a laptop loaded with software to help run the DPI competitions, edit images. Also we would like to purchase colour calibration equipment for the projection of digital images and the laptop. We are seeking funding from various sources such as the Lottery to fund this.

Online Club resources and activities include; Flickr web page, facebook, website, Chairmen’s Blog. I have now started to email notices and information to members and considering setting up a Yahoo Group to improve this facility.

To conclude,

I wish :-

To increase the public profile of the Club

To make the Club a success we need members’ active participation in the Club

I would like to see Club membership rise

Greater success for the club and its members in external competitions

And finally I took the opportunity to thank members of the Committee for the support they have given me through the year and all the members who have given their help and support throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment